Joy. Enrichment. Safety.
Morning Care & After Care
Fun, Nurturing and Supportive Environment
The Extended Day Program (EDP) offers K–8 morning care, after care, and enrichment activities (band, orchestra, upper school sports, and after-school clubs).
EDP provides positive, safe spaces for engaging and enriching experiences for our BPC students. We prioritize using outdoor spaces and we separate students into grade-level bands for snack and restroom use.
After the school day, our children love to relax on the sunny deck with a healthy snack before games and free play on the playground, Oasis, or play structure on the lower school yard.
A quiet dedicated space is also available daily for upper school students (library deck) and lower school students (library) to focus on homework assignments with support from an EDP teacher. These spaces are also utilized for quiet afternoon reading sessions, too.
Building Self-Awareness, While Recharging Their Batteries
We create space and time for students to decide for themselves how to spend their down time. Organized games are always an option, but if a child would rather draw or read or sit quietly with a friend, we're on board. Children today live very full lives, so we embrace any opportunity where they can do their own thing.
Monday - Friday
7:30 am – 8:15 am
2:30 pm – 6:00 pm
on regular school days
12:00 pm – 3:00 pm
on most minimum days
No problem. Your child will join Extended Day.
Use daycare on a drop-in basis this year for $14/hour.
Extended Day Team
We offer three 10-week sessions of after-school clubs each school year.
Some recent sessions have included:
- Pursue your passion for math with the often-victorious Math Team
- Learn discipline and build confidence with Taekwondo
- Get ‘tech-savvy’ with Scratch programming, robotics, or the Maker Club
- Express your vision as you conceive, develop, and shoot short films
- Burn off some energy with after-school sports like soccer, basketball, or volleyball
- Roll up your sleeves for art and mini-maker projects
- Light up your brain playing chess or improv games
"Nourish You" Lunch Program
We present your child with a variety of healthy options.
- Hot entrée and a fully-loaded salad bar (unlimited servings of salad & fresh fruit!)
- Lean sources of protein (including hormone-free meats) and some whole grains
- Freshly cooked vegetables, emphasizing seasonal, local, and organic ingredients
- Variations provided for vegetarians, vegans, gluten free, and other special diets
- Easy ordering and responsive support
- Nut allergies? No worries... we use NO nuts