HOW TO APPLY
Thank you for your interest in applying to Black Pine Circle School. We hope that this information will help you with the application process and that you will have a chance to visit our campus soon. Please complete the online inquiry form to schedule a tour or to request additional information. We look forward to sharing the Black Pine Circle School experience with you.
VISITING BLACK PINE CIRCLE SCHOOL
We encourage families to attend an Admissions Information Event and/or a school tour during which you may learn first hand about the grade level your child will be entering. Please click
HERE to schedule a visit.
ADMISSIONS INFORMATION DAYS:
Join us at one of the Admissions Information Events to learn about Black Pine Circle School’s rich academic and arts curriculum, meet our experienced classroom teachers and specialists, and participate in a variety of hands-on activities in the classroom. Children are welcome.
Kindergarten Information Day
- Saturday, November 5, 2016, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
K-5 Admissions Information Days
- Saturday, December 3, 2016, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
6-8 Admissions Information Days
- Saturday, November 5, 2016, 1:00 pm – 3:30 pm
- Saturday, December 3, 2016, 1:00 pm – 3:30 pm
School tours are scheduled during regular morning school hours to offer interested parents/guardians an opportunity to observe our teachers and students in action. These tours are led by current parents/guardians and/or admissions personnel. A meeting with an administrator follows during which we will discuss our educational philosophy and answer your questions. Tours are by appointment and are for parents/guardians only. School tours begin in late October and run through mid-January.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS(10 Steps)
1. Attend Black Pine Circle School’s Financial Assistance Workshop, Wednesday, November 30, 8:00 am – 8:45 am (optional).
This workshop is designed to give an overview of Black Pine Circle School’s financial assistance application process, from completing forms to how final tuition assistance decisions are made.
2. Attend an Admissions Information Event and/or school tour.
3. Complete the Application Form and Parent Questionnaire online and submit it with a photo of your child along with the non-refundable application fee of $95 ($75 if submitted on or before December 5, 2016). We accept kindergarten applications for children who will be turning five years of age by October 1, 2017.
4. Student Questionnaire: Complete part 2 of the Online Application to submit a completed Student Questionnaire. (For applicants entering 6th – 8th grades only).
5. Send the teacher recommendation form(s) to your child’s current teachers to complete. (One teacher recommendation form is required for kindergarten applicants. Two recommendation forms are required for 1st –8th grade applicants). Teachers should mail their recommendation letters directly to:
Black Pine Circle School
2027 7th Street
Berkeley, CA 94710
6. For applicants entering 1st – 8th grades, submit a copy of your child’s transcript, including the last two year’s progress reports/report cards.
Forms can be downloaded when completing Online Application or here below:
Transcript Release Form
7. Please submit all the completed forms to Black Pine Circle School by the application deadline:
Sibling applicant deadline: Monday, December 5, 2016
New applicant deadline: Friday, January 20, 2017
Financial Assistance PFS filing deadline for all applicants: Friday, January 20, 2017
8. Schedule a Student Visit/Assessment Day.
After the application is received, we will contact families to arrange a student visit/assessment . The student visits/assessments begin in January and continue through February.
Kindergarten visit/assessment sessions occur in a small group format that includes an individual meeting with the teacher during the visit.
Applicants for 6th grade visit/assessment sessions occur in a small group format on Thursday mornings in January and February.
Applicants for 1st – 5th, 7th and 8th grades will visit a class of her/his current grade level. After we receive your application, we will contact you to arrange a student visit/assessment day. Your child will spend a half-day visiting our school.
Black Pine Circle School does not require ISEE, a standardized test, for admission.
9. Decision letters are emailed to families on Friday, March 17, 2017 at 12:00 pm.
10. Return enrollment agreement and tuition deposit to Black Pine Circle School by Friday, March 24, 2017 by 9:00 am.
Black Pine Circle School is a member School of CAIS (California Association of Independent Schools), EBISA (East Bay Independent Schools Association), and POCIS (People of Color in Independent Schools). Black Pine Circle School has an institutional commitment to the principles of diversity. Black Pine Circle School does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, age, physical challenge, nation of origin, gender, or any other characteristic.